I’ve just about reached my goal of making cookies that aren’t FLAT. Here is the recipe for big puffy chocolate chip cookies. This chocolate chip cookie recipe seems to work at altitude (1 mile up.) Haven’t had a chance to climb a mountain and try making them there.
Makes 8 Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix Together this stuff (any order)
- 1 cup flower
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS water
- 4 TBS butter Melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Mix it into a ball, use your hands or whatnot.
- Mix in whatever (chocolate, m&m, reces pieces.)
- throw it in the freezer for 10+min
- pull it out, divide it into 8 cookies (divide, divide, divide)
- put it on a parchment lines cookie sheet
- if you played with the dough too much and it started to melt, put it in the freezer/fridge for a few more minutes.
- Use your tumb to put indentations into the top of the cookies (still testing this.)
- This would be a good time to fill those indentations with jelly if you feel so inclined.
- cook for 10min.
Cookies with Egg are a tad flatter, but more cookie looking, cookies without egg seem to hold shape better. Take your pick. (remove water, put 1 egg in reduce butter 1tbs)
8 Cookies ready for eating.
- melt brown sugar and butter together,then add ingredients.
- Only added two cups of flour (oops) also mixed in the chocolate chips. This one might need more work.
remove egg replace with 2tbs potato starch + water , reduce flour
- These came out with weird hard bottoms.
- remove egg replace with 1/2 banana , reduce flour
- remove egg, replace with fruit juice, reduce flour (baking powder)
- remove egg, replace with water, reduce flour. (baking powder)
- remove egg, keep flour at 1 cup, up butter by .5tbs
- paint with raspberry compote. (filled one with jelly… that was good)
- Bacon chocolate chip.
- 375F for 10min , 300 for 15min… temperate and output of chewyness?
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies:
On the left, the melted sugars/chocolate with 2 cups of flour, on the right the potate starch cookies that look fine, but have a weird bottom texture.